Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Greetings from Adelaide



Adelaide - South Australia, originally uploaded by Sandi1947.

So I've made the (sort of) annual pilgrimage back home for the holidays, after some hectic times toward the end of the year - involving dressing as Luke Steele for a work Christmas party, new friends, and taking the puppy on her first road trip.

The past few days have involved hitting up Bunnings and getting a skylight kit and crawling ontop of and inside my parents' roof hooking the damn thing up (photos soon), working and spending time with my Dad, watching far too much cable TV (re-addicted to Chelsea Lately and The Soup), reconnecting with some old friends and ripping a whole heap of my parents' old Readers Digest compilation CDs onto my iTunes.

And so, with these new (old) additions, my Adelaide playlist for 2009/2010 looks somewhat like this :

"Sixteen Tons" by Tenessee Ernie Ford
"Empire State Of Mind" by Jay Z and Alicia Keys
"Percussion Gun" by White Rabbits
"Another Saturday Night" by Sam Cooke
"Mrs Brown" by Herman's Hermits
"Against All Odds" by Phil Collins
"Flower" by Moby
"New World In My View" by King Brit
"America" by Neil Diamond
"Mac The Knife" by Louis Armstrong
"Saturday Night At The Movies" by The Drifters
"Where Do You Go To My Lovely" by Peter Sarstedt

AND I got me some fifty cent Lionel Richie vinyl at a local Salvation Army store. SCORE! But unfortunately, no scores for the apartment just now. Hopefully before I head home to Melbourne we get a chance to get out to the thrift stores, but it seems Adelaide totally shuts down on a public holiday so I'm not optimistic. But fingers crossed, cos I think I can get some vintage billiard balls and some great clamps for making a lamp or two I have in my head. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment